Monday, January 7, 2013

Happy Monday!

Good morning friends!

It's another Monday. I'm off work today and have lots to do but thought I would pop in & write a quick post. I am on Day 7 of my diet. I started fresh on Jan 1st and am down 4# according to my scale. I  have been eating more protein rich foods and limiting my starchy carbs. There is something to be said about limiting your carb intake as I don't have the bloating that I normally have when I am eating carbs with reckless abandon. I wish that I could find the courage to follow BFC again but when I look at the high calorie & fat content in the allowed foods something in me says "you shouldn't do it. It's not good for you". I know Rosalie, Kay & many others would disagree as they are living proof that it works. I think that all the dieting over the years have my brain pre programmed to think this way. I have been following the 17 day diet format and it is very do able for me but I find myself eating many of the same foods & after a week, it starts getting a bit boring. I only have 10 more days in this cycle so I just need to keep going.

The basic gist of the 17 day diet is this:
Cycle 1~ 17 days
Unlimited protein~chicken, fish, turkey (no red meat allowed yet)
2 servings of pro biotic rich foods~ low sugar yogurt, live active cottage cheese,kefir etc
2 servings of fruit~ the list is limited & they should be eaten before 2pm
unlimited cleansing veggies~ a pretty vast list. I'm still not a veggie fan but embracing it in 2013
64 oz water daily
green tea/ 3 cups/day
you can have extras like stevia, sf jam, etc.

For breakfast I had 1 egg + 1 egg white scrambled with 1 T. turkey bacon bits, 1 slice of Trader Joe's sprouted wheat bread with 1 tsp of Natures Hollow Peach jam (my favorite~so good!!) and 1 cup of chocolate unsweetened almond milk. You aren't supposed to have any "bread carbs" in this phase and yes, today I bent that rule. I just needed a pc of TJ's toast. Its low carb & no sugar & really hit the spot so I'm not beating myself up over it because it isn't "allowed" on this part of the plan. I just need a plan where I can have my yogurt. That is one thing that I absolutely missed when I did the BFC last time. I LOVE my yogurt!!

I'm battling a nasty cold that has been lingering for over a week now but I think I'm on the upswing now. I just wish I had a little more energy to get up & exercise but I just don't...dagnabbit! I don't feel terribly inspired in my writing this morning so I will end my post here and wish you all a great week!

Hugs to all~
Sherri

7 comments:

  1. TJ's makes a low sugar greek yogurt only 5 or 6g of sugar per cup. I also like to add a tablespoon or two of the powdered peanut butter to it for a peanut buttery taste. Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all have to do what ever works for us and we might not all be able to do the same thing. I have learned that a long time ago. Just as long as you are eating healthy and not feeling deprived so you won't be tempted to cheat.
    It sounds like you are doing great!.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear from you Sherri. Thanks for your kind comments on my blog. I am struggling to get back on track too . It will always be a battle and sometimes I feel as if ill never meet my goal. But keep trying is what we always do right? Whatever works for you. I confess I bought that book on my kindle awhile back. I'm a sucker for whatever new comes around! Take care and keep I touch! XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean about being at odds with what is healthy and what we've been told for YEARS is healthy. I've been doing the BFC for almost two years now and I still question it now and again. My problem is getting past the stalls. You would think in two years I'd be at my goal, but I'm not. I guess that is also what makes me question things. Always tweaking and improvising until we find exactly what works for us! Hope you have a good week too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess part of the reason that I have been able to do the BFC is because nothing is really off limits, just controlled. I have never eaten yogurt, so that is easy! Small changes for the rest of your life will work! I still think WW is probably the way to go for most people. I am still of the mindset that if you can't do it for the rest of your life, then you will gain the weight back. Finding the balance of what you are willing to give up, what you know you should give up, and what is healthy to give up, is key. I know that sweet treats will never make me healthier, so easy peasy. I do eat more fruit than I used to, but not high sugar fruit.
    Keep blogging, it keeps what you are doing at the forefront of your mind! I'm glad you are back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS, can you try and take the confirmation code thing off your blog? Half the time I can't comment because it said I don't type the words in correctly. I think you went through the before too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im not sure waht you mean by confirmation code??? I dont see it. If you tell me how to remove it I will. I seriously have no idea abot all this computer stuff. arrgh!!

      Delete