Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Cycle 1, Day 3

Hello friends!

Well, so far so good! I'm on Day 3 of Cycle 1 of the 17 day diet and all is going well. 2 weeks left to go. I am amazed at how much better I am feeling already. My belly isn't as bloated and I don't have the carb & sugar cravings. I got on the scale this morning and I am down 2.5#. Yippee!!! It's all good!

Today is Ash Wednesday. If you are catholic, its the first day of Lent. I usually give up diet soda but this year I am not going to eat junk food and stick to my 17DD regimen for 40 days. My hope is to be down 20# by Easter. I believe I can do it.... so stay tuned!!

For those of you who aren't familiar with the 17 day diet, Cycle 1 is the strictest cycle. It is a detox cycle to help rid your body of sugar & carbs. You are permitted to eat unlimited lean meats chicken, fish, turkey & eggs. You are also allowed unlimited cleansing vegetables, most of them are low carb varieties. You are permitted 2 fruit serving/day (berries, peaches, oranges & apples  etc) both must be eaten before 2pm, as well as 2 probiotic servings (yogurt, live active cottage cheese, etc) and 1-2 Tablespoons of healthy fats such as olive oil or flaxseed oil. No "bread" carbs until Cycle 2. On Cycle 2 you get to add in lean beef, shrimp & pork as well as 2 "bread carbs" per day. You alternate a C1 day with a C2 day for the entire 17 days of C2. Have I confused you?? I hope not. Its really not that difficult, once you read the book but it is supposed to confuse your metabolism which is a good thing. Very few plateaus. I needed to shake things up and this plan does work well for me.

I hope you are all well. Thanks to Kay & Rosalie for your support & comments!

Have a great day!!
Sherri

2 comments:

  1. You Go Girl - keep going you can lose the 20 by then. I'm Proud of you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You CAN do it!!! I am excited for you and very happy to have you back :)

    ReplyDelete