Sunday, January 1, 2012

Welcome 2012!!!!

Good evening friends and a very happy new year to you all!!!

Its 8pm on the east coast and I am sitting here in my workout clothes getting ready to hit the treadmill but I wanted to just make a quick post and share some thing great that happened to me yesterday. 

I took my 13 yr old daughter & her friends to the mall yesterday and after dropping them off, decided to pop in to Chico's to see what they had on sale. Nothing great there. Then I went to Christopher & Banks...nothing there. As I was walking to leave the mall to head out to my car, I passed Macy's & thought I would check them out. Well, can I just tell you, I got some amazing deals!! I have been holding out to buy any new clothing because I don't want to load up of clothing at this size only to find it too big & then have to sell it to consignment in the fall. Well, Macy's was having a BIG New Years 75% off sale on alot of sweaters & some summer stuff mixed in too. I found 4 tops, 2 sweaters (1 a MEDIUM and 1 a Large) as well as a casual 3/4 length cotton tshirt (sz Large)with a little bling on the front and a really adorable purple top (more for summer, Size MEDIUM!!) and I got them all for under $30!!! I believe it came to $29.60. Outside of the fact that I got all of that for under $30, the best part for me was to find that 2 of them were in a size medium! I haven't worn a medium in over 10 years!!! I almost couldn't believe it ,but by gosh they fit!!!! I tell ya girls, there is no food on this planet that can possibly make me feel better than having a size medium fit.

We didn't do much last night and I went to bed around 11:30pm only to be awakened by fireworks & drunken neighbors screaming at midnight. (sigh) Oh well. Its been a good day today and although I feel tired, I am going to hit the treadmill for 30 minutes tonite. I didn't get a chance to put my goal poster together yet, but I have an idea of what I want it to look like. My sister and I chatted for over an hour last night on the phone and she has another 65# to lose and I have 30# left to lose so we were getting a strategy together. My monthly goal is to lose 5# each month to reach my goal weight of 150 by June 20th. My sister plans to lose 6# each month to reach her goal by Dec 2012. I feel they are all attainable monthly goals & it feels good to have a "plan of action" in place.

Today was my hubby's 51st bday. I made him BBQ ribs, coleslaw & reheated some fried potatoes from the other day. I had a little bit of the pork  some coleslaw. It was really good! We celebrated with a DQ ice cream cake for dessert. I had a very small slice & the best part is, I felt very in control.

Wishing you all a very ahppy, healthy & SKINNY 2012!!!!

7 comments:

  1. Your excitement jumps through the computer screen! I wish I could be there to hug you. What a great start to the New Year for you.
    The key is having your head wrapped around the prize and I see you have that. I am very happy for you! I am waiting for pictures:)
    We are headed to Macy's tomorrow, hopefully they will have some great bargains left!
    I'm so happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait a minute, you got all those things for under $30.00?! I might have to make a trip to Macy's myself, lol! Size medium? WOW!! Good for you! I don't think I've seen a size medium since high school. You are off to a great start this year of 2012! Happy 51st to your husband! (I'll be hitting 51 in March)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on those sales and those sizes Sherri! And a Happy New Year to you! I have a feeling this will be a great year. Big hugs from me to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy days! What great finds you made! And I bet it feels soooo goood! Happy Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't you just love a good deal! It feels good to look good. Take care-

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow,wow,wow how awesome about the small clothes and the deal you got. Good job girl!!! I think I am going to make a goal poster too, I am excited to see yours to get some inspiration. Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow those things sounds like an awesome deal. I think yours and your sister's goals are very doable and I know you can do it.
    Have a great day :-)

    ReplyDelete