Sunday, February 20, 2011

Im back!!!

Hello to all my BFC friends!!
OMG...I just looked and saw that I havent posted since Superbowl Sunday!! Holy cow!! Sorry to have been out of touch for so long. It has been busy for sure!

We just got back from our Caribbean Cruise and it was fantastic!! Warm sunshine and temps in the 80s-90s!!! Got a pretty nice tan going on now but got a really bad burn while in St. Maarten at the beach. The water was crystal clear blue and we were playing in the waves for about 3 hrs literally laying bac in the waves and they would carry us in to shore. SOOO much fun!!! Forgot to put sunscreen on my face and lipbalm w/spf on the lips and I got a horrible sunburn!! The shoulders are still recovering (bra straps REALLY hurt!!) and my lips are peeling. It was so bad with the lips though. The skin is so thin on them....shame on me for not protecting them better. They were swollen & so painful. Ive never had that happen to my lips, but the day at the beach was wonderful!!! I would go back there again in a heartbeat! I took lots of pics but for some reason my adapter isnt being recognized by my computer so I cant download them. :( Gotta have hubby figure that out. Once I do, I will post some pics for you all to see.

The food was very good, but not as great as I remember from past cruises. I tried to make good choices, always having a good breakfast, a very light lunch and a good dinner yet still enjoyed myself with a dessert most nights and we had ice cream too pretty much every day in the afternoon. When I got on the scale this morning  I was shocked to see that  I LOST a pound!!!!! I think I got on and off about 10x to see if it was true! Had my daughter weigh herself too and by golly, I think its correct! I weighed myself last night when I got home to check on the damage done and to my surprise, at 8pm at night, after eating a slice of pizza at the airport (pickins were slim...it wad that or chinese food...yuck!) I weighed the same, and this morning, a pound less. I am thinking once the false belly fat is eliminated, it may turn out to be more. I am never real regular when I go away, so its good to be back home for that reason.  I have to say, it was so sad to see so many overweight people on the ship. Really made me think and refocus on what I want. I know one thing...I DONT want to look like many of the people I saw on that boat. I can only imagine what the staff members must think when they see  people grazing constantly and so much obesity when they are all so thin. Our waiter Hari was from Indonesia and he said that they work long days, 10-12 hrs a day and they only eat to quiet their stomachs. They dont just eat to eat because its there. They eat to live, NOT live to eat like us americans do. That would be why we are an obese nation.

So yes, its back to business again and I am happy to be home. We left in a blizzard and when we arrived in FL it was cold....then we got to Nassau and it was still cold. I thought to myself, "I hope this trip isnt a bust with bad weather" but once we got to St. Thomas on Mon, it was hot, sunny and in the mid 80s and from there on out, it was nice weather.

I have missed you all but it was nice to get away from the phone and everyday chaos.I am going grocery shopping today and we are on our 4th load of laundry today. Later tonight, I plan to catch up on everyones blogs and what you have been up to.

Have a wonderful day today!!!

Hugs to all my blogger buds!!
Sherri

6 comments:

  1. So glad you are back but also glad you had a nice time. I was visulizing how much fun it would be in that hot sunny weather while the waves were taking me to shore.....how wonderful. But back to reality huh? So glad no to much damage was done either. I worry about that when we take our trip and how I am going to handle the eating sitution. But I cant be afraid of it right? Hope you get some rest before you get back to work. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I loved your description of your cruise! How I would love to be warm and float on the water in the sunshine! Thank you for sharing. Your observations of people on board the boat were really interesting. I have felt that way in BJs watching people who don't need it, stuff their carts with junky food. I feel for them, they are not making the connection that you point out so well, that food is fuel, that we eat to LIVE not the other way around. And, I agree, when you see people mindlessly eating, it does help to focus on where you really want to go with your life. I don't think I will ever choose to eat that way again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering about you yesterday and wondering how things were going. I'm glad you had a wonderful time on your cruise. Great job not gaining weight while on vacation! It's always such a rewarding feeling when you lose weight during a special occasion instead of gaining.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sherri, I'm so glad to hear that you had a wonderful trip, and congrats on not gaining weight with all the temptations around. I had forgotten that you were goin on a cruise and I was wonderin where you were...silly me, I'm glad you were off havin a good time. I also wanted to share I have joined the bfc blog club katies-bfc.blogspot :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey girls! Thanks for stoppping in to say hi. Great comments! Welcome Katie!! Great to have you as a new bloggin buddy!! I will be sure to add you to my list of blogs I follow. ((hugs)) to all!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Sherri, It's so good to see you back. You were truly missed. I am so glad you had such a great time! Awesome on the loss.
    Have a good day tomorrow. :-)

    ReplyDelete