Friday, August 5, 2011

Hello weekend....its Friday!!!!

Hello dear friends!

Man, and I exhausted!  A very busy day at work today. I barely had the chance to sit down at all. The surgery center that I work at is so busy, but I do love busy because it makes the time go fast! I have the best job ever!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE what I do and the people I work with! I am so blessed!

If you read my post last night, I mentioned that I am going to talk to my plastic surgeon when I see him in Sept re: a tummy tuck next year for my appendectomy scar. Well, didn't we have a lady today that was a pt & she had  an abdominoplasty (fancy name for tummy tuck) done today & OMG I felt so bad for her...she was absolutely MISERABLE!!! They had her very well medicated & just couldn't seem to get the poor thing comfortable. She said she felt like she was dying & questioned whether or not she made the right decision having it done. Makes me REALLY question if I want to go through that kind of pain.....was God speaking to me through her? Not sure but I know one thing, I don't have a good pain tolerance so I very well could be just like her post op. Scares me a bit, to say the least. My best friend had a tummy tuck a few yrs ago & she said it was very painful but only lasted about a week to 10 days, then it was very much worth it. She lost over 90# having gastric bypass surgery & had it done along with a breast reduction, liposuction & body lift to the tune of $14,500! The sad part is, she gained all of her weight back & you would never know she every had all that done. Makes me sooooo sad to see her now.

Tomorrow is weigh in day at WW & I have no idea what the scale is gonna say in the am. I hope I am down at least a pound...that would be fantastic! I have had a really good week & have exercised & been very good, so hopefully, fingers crossed, I will be able to add another # down to my weight loss totals. I am so excited to hit that 40# mark. Its comin!! Hoping I will hit 178.5 by the end of August because that would be the 40# mark. Its only another 4# so I think it is an attainable goal. I definitely want to be in the 170s by the end of the month. I have to have a mini goal at all times. I need something to reach for, even if I don't meet the goal I have set, I can always set another deadline for it, but the goal always remains the same until it is reached. I had hope to have been in the 170s by July 4th but that didn't happen. I was dilly dallying so it was my fault for sure. My efforts were less than stellar so now that I have refocused, I feel a renewed sense that I can do this. Its all in between our ears! If you think you can, you can...if you think you cant, you're right. Think positive thoughts & if you don't have a goal to reach for, go and make one right now & put a deadline on it!

"Shoot for the moon & even if you miss you will still land among the stars!" Mary Kay Ash (founder of Mary Kay Cosmetics)

Have a super fantabulous weekend!!!!
((Sherri))

5 comments:

  1. I have my fingers crossed for the scales for you. As far as the op, Everyone is different and maybe your body will react differently. I still think you should do it.
    Have a wonderful weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sherri! I don't think you should let that poor woman's experience color your decision. If you can afford it, GO FOR IT! And I hope the scales treat you well tomorrow, too!

    In regards to my 134, I have amazed myself! Back in my Weight Watchers days, my goal weight was 140, and I remember reaching it, making Lifetime, and then six weeks later I wasn't there anymore. *sigh* But then I got pregnant with baby no 2, so it all works out. :)

    And I always have mini goals, too, all along the way. I think I've met a good 6 goals now, not including all the times I've set 5 pound goals. It's a great motivator!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's hoping for a good scale reading tomorrow. 40 lbs...can you believe it? I am exited for you!
    Enjoy the quiet of the weekend. Do something especially for you!
    I had several gals at my gym that had the gastric bypass surgery and then the surgery for lipo, skin, tummy tuck etc. They hadn't conquered their food demons and they gained the weight back too. All of that money, poof:( The slow steady way that you are doing it will hopefully be the lifetime way.
    About the pain, if we knew how much a baby was going to hurt, would we do that to ourselves? Well yes, but sometimes the pain is worth it!
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning girls! Thanks again for the great comments & the encouragement to follow my dream of having this scar removed. I was looking at it the other day & it is so distorted I am wondering if perhaps I have a hernia in it too. If thats the case, I could get it paid for by insurance which would be an awesome bonus!
    Kay, you are so right about the having babies thing, but that only lasted thru labor then you feel pretty good. Im just a sissy I guess,& seeing that woman in so much pain really made me think twice. I have plenty of time to figure it out. I still have a good amt to lose befire I could go under the knife for it anyways.
    Have a great day gals!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Sherri! Thanks for the comments - I've lost 16.5 pounds doing the Belly Fat Cure- started out at 150.5 on Dec 31st. It's taken a while to get them off, but that's because I'm at those last few pounds.. Hope your weigh in goes well today!

    ReplyDelete