Friday, November 11, 2011

I have the "Bestest" Blogging Buds ever!!!

Good morning to all of you, my dear blogging friends!

I went back on my last post & re read all of your comments & I gotta tell you, it made me smile! I know I have said it a million times, but even though we have never met in person, I feel as if I have known you all, each of you, my entire life! I love & appreciate the support you all give, not only to me, but to each other. I feel like I have been on just about every diet known to man and it only took me 45 yrs to figure out that you not only have to have your "head in the game" & really "want" that weight loss more than anything, but you also need encouragement & support and you have all done that & sometimes so much more! So from the bottom of a very grateful heart, I want to thank each of you for your wisdom, encouragement and for being just a fantastic group of people! It takes me usually over an hour to read your posts & comment because of course I have to read everyone else's comments too! :) Sometimes, I don't have that much time to reply so I appreciate that you all don't "shun" me from the group when I am not able to comment. I do try to get to everyone's blogs & comment within 48hrs but sometimes, as you all know, life happens & it doesn't happen. So I just want you to know what a blessing you all are in my life! Thanks for being wonderful you!

I am having my big annual Mary Kay Holiday Open House this weekend so I have been busy cleaning & preparing for it. I have been with Mary Kay Cosmetics for over 11 years now, 8 of them were in a  management position which I retired from the beginning of this year so that I could focus on my weight loss goals. When I joined, I weighed 166 and over the years I became so focused on my business (which wasn't a bad thing because I earned 4 free cars as well as made a substantial amt of money doing it....and it was fun!) that I ballooned to 218.5# in March of 2010, my highest non pregnant weight. I was miserable & got to the point of depression & decided that I had to do something for me. It was a big decision to retire, but I have no regrets because I am about 10# away from being 166 again. Money buys choices, not happiness. I have zero regrets and the best part is, I still maintain my personal business and I have some of the most fabulous & loyal customers ever, so this is my once a year sale to thank them for their business, and believe me, they look forward to it! I usually start getting calls in Oct asking when it will be. So I made a batch of chocolate chip cookies as well as some salted peanut chew bars (taste like a payday bar...they are amazing!) and I just have a few other things to set up and I will be ready to roll. If you don't hear from me over the weekend, you will know why. Its gonna be pretty crazy but I love it!

I hope you all have a wonderful day today & a great weekend! We got snow last night & it is sticking! Uggh! Oh well, it is pretty to look at. Just gets a little old come January.

Love & Hugs to all of you!
Sherri

10 comments:

  1. We are all here for the same reasons to get healthy and lose the extra weight. It doesn't matter if you are doing the bfc/ft, ww or something else. This blog community is wonderful and I also enjoy reading other people's comments on other blogs. I am so glad that you are doing so well on ww it won't be long before you are where you want to be. Have a wonderful open house and a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherri, you put into words what I feel too. Checking in with everyone, and their support has meant the world to me. I really couldn't do it without all of you. I hope you have a very successful MK sale! Hugs to you from me XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great MK party! It is easy to bond with ppl with the same goals and mindset. You need a new photo in your About Me at your new weight Sherri!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Sherri,
    What a great post today and you said how most of us feel all the time. I love the support too and probably wouldn't be where I am without it.
    Have a great party and great weekend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel the same way-I feel as you are my friends, and I appreciate the support I receive everyday. Rosy was the first to invite me, and I'll always be grateful for that. Enjoy your MK party and weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me too! ;) Enjoy your party this weekend- wish I were there to enjoy it with you - i love those things!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet post! I think you touched on the two things that do make such a difference in weight loss - support & having your head in the right place. I think we're all there this time. You got snow already?! Is it a fluke like our snow or is this the beginning of snow season for you? Good luck with your party!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sherri - I updated the recipe to include fat content. It's 12 grams per cupcake.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you are having a great weekend! Your posts are always so full of life and excitement. I am very impressed with your Mary Kay record, that would account for your beautiful pictures.
    Support helps me so much. I just wish my daughter hadn't started reading my blog so I could be totally honest about things I was thinking:( That's another whole story.
    You are a beautiful, kind, inspirational, talented, "loser"!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sherri, I am glad we all have each other to help give support and heaven knows I need it. It is nice knowing that we are all going through the same journey and can understand each other. Hope your party went well and hope you had a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete