Monday, November 8, 2010

Monday Edition...Hola Chicas!!!

Hola Chicas!! (that is the extend of the spanish I know...lol)

How was your day? I had a good but busy day @ work but am amazed at how well I am staying on plan & how good I feel. I have only had 6 gms of sugar ALL DAY!!!  Me...and 6 gms of sugar!!! Who would have thought! Sheesh, before the BFC, I would have eaten 6 gms of sugar in a blink. I feel so in control and it is empowering!!! I feel like I "psychologically" want dessert but physically dont crave it anymore. This , in itself, is nothing short of a miracle!!! I love my sweets...LOVE THEM!!!! I never used to feel like a meal was complete without dessert. I am finding that my coffee with cream is becoming a great dessert in itself. I did enjoy a pure protein bar for dessert tonight after my dinner. Only 2/1 S/C value & very satisfying!!!

When I was following Weight watchers, all I could think about was my next meal, the next sweet I was going to make or bake, & planning my next day of meals. OMG...way too much focus on food!!! Now, I just dont have that desire to be so focused on food, and it is so liberating!!

Wanted to share a really yummy portable breakfast that I enjoy every day I go to work ( I work part time 3 days a week) For breakfast I love to have bacon cheese toast! 2 slices of ezekial bread (0/2) or my newest find of Trader Joes sprouted wheat bread (0/1 for 2 slices) with 3 slices of cooked Oscar  Meyer turkey bacon (0/0) broken in half and 3 ~(1/2 ) slices placed on each slice of toasted bread and then topped w/ 1 slice of Land O Lakes 2% american cheese (0/0). I then microwave each slice for 14 seconds and  I chase it all down with a glass of refrigerated Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk (0/0) and voila!!! The most delicious and satisfying 0 sugar breakfast ever!!! Depending on the bread I use, it is either 0/1 or 0/2 breakfast. So good!! I usually make an entire pkg of turkey bacon on Sunday and use my electric skillet to pan fry them, then blot & place in a tupperware & take the bacon out as I need or want it. Thought I would share this becuase I am usually running late in the morning and need a portable breakfast to eat on the way in to work and like I said, it keeps me full & satisfied until lunchtime. I hope it helps you if you need an idea for breakfast on the go.

Wishing you all the very best to my BFC Buds!!! Keep on keepin on!!!
Blessings~
Sherri

4 comments:

  1. Sherri, It is so true about weight watchers, you always are thinking about food and the wanting of dessert after a meal. I never felt satisfied like I do know on the BFC. Thanks for sharing your breakfast on the run. I should cook up my turkey bacon ahead of time instead of when I am needing it. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sherri for this post. I'm going to try it, because I'm always running late in the am. I usually eat a slice toasted of Avarado Sprouted grain bread, with 2 Tbls. Almond butter, and a cup of Java with cream to wash it down with as I drive to work. It's a great source of energy too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sherri, I too was one of those persons that was a sugar freak. I always wanted sweets every day. Sometimes I still do, but handle it much different now. And the bread w/cheese and turkey bacon is a great idea.
    BTW / I went to trader joes and looked at every loaf of bread and could not find any bread that had 0 sugar and low carbs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Rosalie! It is the Trader Joes brand of sprouted wheat bread. I would call & ask one of the staff if they carry it. I cant see why they wouldnt. It is in their fresh bread section, near where they have the ezekial bread. Hope you can find it. IT is very yummy. A little lighter than ezekial bread but very very good!

    ReplyDelete