Sunday, November 14, 2010

Sunday Evening Post

Well a good evening to all the bloggers in the newly formed  Sisterhood of the (soon to be) Loose Fitting Pants! (Love that name!! Thanks Diana!!!)

How are you all doing??? This weekend has been a crazy one for me & I wish I had the day off tomorrow, but unfortunately it is back to work & back to the grind!!!  My open house went well. I was busy all day & I had a great turnout!! It was cold & rainy today. My best friend that I was telling you about in an earlier post just texted me from Florida where they are basking in 80 degrees of HOT sun!! They are going on a Bahama Cruise tomorrow...I am so jealous....however 3 months from today, I will be on a cruise myself & they will be saying how jealous they are that we are basking in the hot Caribbean sun!!

Anyways.....so my day was much more on track HOWEVER I never had a chance to eat anything all day @ my open house & come 4pm, I was starving!!!! I made an omelette this morning about 9am & filled it with egg beaters, 1 real egg, 2 T of 1/2 & 1/2  and ham & cheese (0/0). I made it in a large frying pan & ate 1/3 of the omelette w/ 2 slices of Trader Joes sprouted wheat bread (0/1 for 2 slices). didnt have any time for coffee :( I was busy from the time my open house started & my stomach started growling around 3:45 pm so I ate a peanut butter pure protein bar & that calmed the restless native. I had a cheese stick on the way home & then hubby cooked me 4 small Trader Joes Chicken tenders (0/2) & I dipped those babies in some yummylicoius REAL RANCH dressing!! One word...YUMBO!!!! I have some sauteed zucchini in the fride that I made the other day but I am in a veggie funk...just not in the mood for them for some reason. I feel like I should have some sort of veggie each day so maybe I will heat them up. probably about 1/2c & I am thinking about a yummy cup of decaf coffee. I have become a true coffee drinker in the past few yrs & it is almost like a ritual and something I look forward to at the end of the day to have that cup of joe!!

So that was my day.  Had some cookies leftover from the open house & dropped them off @ my best friends parents house for them to enjoy with their evening coffee. They were pumpkin raisin cookies that I made (they were a WW recipe but not BFC friendly) & I didnt want them in my house for temptation in a weak moment. They are drizzled w/ cream cheese icing too....they are sooo good & so easy to make!

Need to wrap up some things w/ my business, then gonna make lunch for tomorrow & watch some tv & hit the hay! I hope you all had a great day!!!! I am getting a little bored with eating the same old stuff. any good recipes out there anyone wants to share?? I need some new ideas....PLEASE!!!!

Good nite!!!
Sherri

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good day. What to eat? That's always hard to give any new answer to because I think we all eat about the same type of things. :) I bought some salmon burgers not too long ago so that I could have something other than a regular hamburger. How about quesadillas? Do you like those? There are a lot of different things you can put into those. I made some Tabbouleh the other day, if you like that type of food. I'll be posting the recipe soon. How about some good soup? Maybe you can get some veggies in that way. If I can think of anything else that may be a little different than the usual, I'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here are a couple of recipes from Healthy Indulgences that look fantabulous and would be a nice change. I'm definitely going to try them myself...

    http://healthyindulgences.blogspot.com/2008/05/do-what-tastes-right.html

    http://healthyindulgences.blogspot.com/2008/08/turn-up-heat-low-carb-chicken-curry.html

    http://healthyindulgences.blogspot.com/search/label/bourbon%20chicken

    http://healthyindulgences.blogspot.com/2008/05/im-lovin-it.html

    http://healthyindulgences.blogspot.com/2008/06/pizza-and-ranch-dynamic-duo.html

    http://healthyindulgences.blogspot.com/2008/05/pick-up-your-chopsticks.html

    http://healthyindulgences.blogspot.com/2008/08/crunchy-low-carb-snack-bars.html

    http://healthyindulgences.blogspot.com/2008/07/paean-to-peanut-butter-pt-3-low-carb.html


    I thought you might especially like the chicken bacon ranch dressing pizza. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made some more brussels sprouts today and they were even better than the brussels sprout salad i made the other day. all i did was slice the sprouts in half, place in a non-stick pan with some olive oil and seasonings and sauteed them. they were UNBELIEVABLY good!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sherri,

    Well here's to the sisterhood!!
    I am sorry to say that I live in one of those places that's been 80 the past few days. sorry - you should come and visit. :-)
    Sounds like you had such a busy day. You didn't eat enough, but what you did eat was a great choice. Have a great night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sherri....i am glad you liked the name lol. Man you had yourself a busy busy day. Glad your open house went well and man how did you pass those cookies up. When you mentioned the cream cheese frosting my mouth watered. Sorry I dont have any recipes right now to share. I did however just buy a lowcarb cook book. I need to get out of the rut of eating the same old same old to. I do however love to make pizza using the naan flatbread and a little seeds of change or pizza sauce and put whatever meats, cheese and veggies I like on it. yummo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Job Sherri! I don't really have too many recipes, but a couple ideas I have are:

    Rueben Wrap (go easy on the thousand island dressing)but if you have these on a low carb wheat wrap and grill in a george foreman, there awesome!!

    I have been bringing salads for lunch with O/V dressing, but I dress it up with lots of yummy super carbs which helps fill me. Only been doing this recently, so I am sure I will tire of the daily salad too.

    All my ideas for now, I will try to think of more and send some later.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you're having a hard time with vegies, make a cheese sauce to go over top. I make mine with cream and shredded cheese, cooked on the stove top, adding salt, pepper and garlic, it's delicious. No special recipe, i just throw it all in. I make quiches, last night i made a ham one. It's basically a custard recipe that's always 1 c. cream and 3 eggs, mix this together and add anything you want. Last night i added ham, onion and cheddar cheese. Bake in a deep dish pie pan at 350 for about 30 minutes. I've made all kinds of different ones with hamburger, broccoli, green and red pepper, spinach, just anything you like...I just throw a handfull of cheese always in the custard mixture, oh and the last part of baking i put cheese on top, just to melt. Chicken Fahitas are real easy too. Egg, tuna and chicken salad. I always keep a container of baby romaine so if i'm not having a vegie i add this to my plate with ranch. I've probable mentioned this before, but i have a cookbook called SIX Ingredients of Less / Low-Carb Cooking by Carlean Johnson. It's a good one!!

    ReplyDelete